The Cell Culture Laboratory is part of the Madrid's Community Laboratory Network and has the following technical capabilities:
- Generation of human and mouse mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) of different origin: bone marrow, adipose tissue, peripheral blood.
- Expansion, differentiation and characterization of MSCs, both under conventional and genetically modified conditions. Transduction of MSCs with suicide genes and marker genes.
- Generation, expansion and characterization of human MSCs from patients with Fanconi Anemia.
- Optimization of human MSCs culture conditions from patients with Fanconi Anemia.
- Maintenance of primary cultures and cell lines.
- Obtaining and purifying hematopoietic progenitors from mouse models with defects in the hematopoietic system.
- Obtaining, purifying and expanding hematopoietic progenitors from samples from patients with Fanconi Anemia and Pyruvate Kinase deficiency.
- Maintenance of production lines for retroviral supernatants.
- Generation of retroviral supernatants for the correction of hematopoietic progenitors with defects in the hematopoietic system.
- Human embryonic cell culture.
- Establishment of protocols for the differentiation of human embryonic cells into cells of the immune system: T cells, NK cells.
- Obtaining iPS (cells with induced pluripotency) from human and mouse adult cells reprogrammed with polycistronic vectors.
- Establishment of iPS differentiation protocols towards cells of the hematopoietic system.
- Generation of genetically corrected iPS from samples of patients with genetic diseases that affect the hematopoietic system.
- Obtaining disease-free hematopoietic progenitors from genetically corrected iPS, capable of reconstituting the hematopoietic system.
Lacucel, within its facilities has the following associated laboratories:
For more information, you can consult our website.